Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Placemat Pillows

Ok ladies, no sewing or ironing. Promise! Just a little hot glue will do the trick.

I came across a few different placemats while out the other day and thought…those could make a couple cute pillows. I remembered I had a set of four I picked up at Goodwill for $1.50 over a year ago, that I have yet to use…I am unfortunately known for that.  They are not nearly as cute as the others I saw but will do the trick! So I ripped the tag off those suckers and made’em into pillows!



Here’s what you’ll need to make 2 pillows…

1. 4 Placemats

2. Pillow fill

3. Hot glue gun and sticks



Now take one placemat and line it up on top of another.



Then, go along the edge of the bottom placemat (about 1/2'' from the edge) with hot glue.



Make sure you glue about 3-4 inches at a time then attach placemats together. (Or else glue will harden) Also, you may want to put something under the bottom placemat so the hot glue does not go through onto your table.

Next, you want to make sure you leave about 4-5'' opening, not glued and stuff with pillow fill.



Then when your done stuffing, continue to hot glue shut.



And thats that! You've got yourself new accent pillows!



Enjoy and have fun picking out your new accent pillows in the kitchen department!

Also, I am so excited to see that some of you have made the TP pumpkins from last week! You gals did a great job and I loved seeing the different fabric's you have chosen to make your pumpkins! Here are a couple...

Pumpkins

Pumpkins
 

Be sure to check back Thursday for the recipe of the week!

Happy Tuesday ladies!

~Jen

7 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. What a great idea!!!!!!!! I can do this! I LOVE that non-creative, un-artsy craftsy people like myself can totally do these things! :) Looks like I'm off to find some placemats. :) Thank you for the awesome ideas! Keep 'em comin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! I'll be on the hunt for placemats, to make indoor and outdoor accent pillows. Thanks, for the easy follow directions on all your tutorials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely bookmarking this site. Really great articles. Do you recommend any other readings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantasticly composed write-up, if all people created the same material just like you, the net might be a more desirable area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually cherished studying it. I must check out alot more about this matter. I'm appreciating time and effort you invest your blog, considering that its perfect website just where I am able to discover lot of important facts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously liked your post great info here .. one can learn a lot from this hard work done by you and its appreciated... are you looking for to make money online?? checkout here Internet marketing we teach you Email marketing

    ReplyDelete