Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall Fun and a Tutorial

Hello September. Oh, how I love you! I love that you are the beginning of Fall. I love how you bring apple cider, pumpkin pie and reds & oranges. I love your windy days and the way you smell. Oh, September I welcome you.

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. So in honor of this splendid season I have a tutorial for you! There is just something about Fall and crafts that so hand in hand. So with no further ado, here it is… Rosette Fall Wreath!



It was simple and fun! The best part was that it was under $10 bucks! With 30 rosettes and a few hot glue blisters later…Ta Da!

Here’s what you’ll need…



  1. Styrofoam wreath (I used a 12 inch)

  2. Approximately 2½-feet of fabric for the large rosettes (don’t forget to check out the remnant bin at your local fabric shop. I found mine in there for just $2)

  3. Another colored fabric for the small rosettes (18” x 21” is enough. I used one of those pre-cut squares)

  4. Another one of those pre-cut squares for the lining of the wreath.

  5. Ribbon to hang with. I found mine in the clearance bin for $.97. You can use silk, grosgrain or organza. All work well.

  6. Hot glue gun & glue

  7. Scissors

  8. Measuring tap


Step 1: Cut fabric into strips (I tore, to make it quick. It doesn’t have to be clean) and begin to wrap around the wreath. Hot glued as I went.



Step 2: Cut fabric for rosettes. Cut 1½-inch wide strips (keep the length the same as when you buy it buy the yard off the bolt)



Step 3: Take the first strip of fabric and twist the end. Begin to roll, twist and dab a little hot glue as you go like so… and repeat with both colored fabrics. (you should have approximately 30 rosettes)



Step 4: Place rosettes on wreath and hot glue in the design of your choice.



Step 5: Tie ribbon on the top then finish adding rosettes.



Piece of cake ladies! With a little time and creativity (which I know you have) you can create a small touch of Fall for your home! I would love to hear about your Fall projects and festivities! Please, do share!



Happy beginning of Fall!

~Jen

9 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by All the Frills, All the Frills. All the Frills said: Hello September. Oh, how I love you! I love that you are the beginning of Fall. I love how you bring apple cider,... http://fb.me/GoM4CqSw [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love this! I want one...lol

    I am going to make this beauty! I have been wanting a wreath for the front door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Erin! :) You are to cute! I would love to see yours when you make it so be sure to post it on the All the Frills Facebook to share with us! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and easy to do!! Thanks for sharing it and btw, i found you through Karen Girten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS JEN, SO TALENTED

    ReplyDelete
  6. Website we think you should visit...

    [...]we had trouble with massive spamy links on our website. now we use stop spam plugin. once again our website is clean[...]…...

    ReplyDelete