Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday's Tutorial- TP Pumpkin's

Yep. That's right I said TP...as in toilet paper! This has got to be one of the easiest projects I've done...no joke! I came across this a while back and thought I would share.

My new goal is to share a tutorial with you every tuesday...hence, tutorial tuesday. Thought that would be fun! I would love love love to hear about the projects your doing or have done. Send me an email at Jen@AlltheFrillsShoppe.com and I would love to feature you and your project on the blog!

Anyway, here is the TP Pumpkins...have fun!



Here's what you'll need for each pumpkin:



1. 1 Roll of toilet paper

2. Approximately 22" x 18" of fabric

3. 1 Sheet of newspaper

4. 1 Stick (4-5")

5. Ribbon

First, lay out your fabric (face down) and newspaper on top followed by toilet paper roll, like so.



Then, using the palm of your hand slightly crush the TP roll to get a more rounded look. Then grab a corner of the newspaper and tuck into center hole. Continue until all ends are tucked. (Doesn't have to be perfect.)



Next, you will do the same thing with the fabric. Starting with one corner, tucking and grabbing all the way around.



Last, take the stick and slide it right down the center. This will be your stem. How cute! There is no need to glue it because it is pretty tightly packed inside. Then, tie a bow around the "stem" and your set! Easy. Cheap. Fun. Love this and I hope you enjoy it too!



Stay tuned for next weeks Tutorial Tuesday!

~Jen

2 comments:

  1. Jen! Thanks for sharing. Super cute and this is something I can manage...lol I'm going home tonight to make them. I have the TP, the fabric and I'm going outside to get my sticks...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen....cute idea! I will try it. Just an FYI...... you put down 22' which is feet. I don't think you meant that long....lol I'm sure everyone will know better, but just thought I would tell you.

    ReplyDelete