Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Our Family of Pumpkins.

We want to start a tradition with our kids. Painting our pumpkins instead of carving them. Who knows if it will stick throughout the years but for now, it what we'll do. Honestly, I can barely cut the veggies without almost slicing one of my fingers off so I'm good with painting.

This year I painted the big ones. We have a little one for her to paint too. She's going to love it. And Landon will love to participate next year.

So with no further ado...here is our pumpkin family.


Madelyn loves to go down the row and name them as she goes. Her favorite is Landon. Clearly, its because of the paci though.

They weren't too difficult to do. All you have to do it doodle some faces on paper and copy them over. I drew on the pumpkins lightly with crayon first, just outlined with black. Then painted over them. That way I could wash it off if I made a mistake. Then at the end just add fun little extras like a bowtie out of scrap fabric, earrings, hats, hair, pacifiers. Those options are endless. Just go with what each member of the family likes at the time.

Just have fun with it! The goofier the better, I think!

I would love to see the pumpkins you create!

2 comments: