Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins



I was in a baking kind of mood and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins were going to hit the spot. I had been talking about making them for weeks. It was time I stop talking and start baking.

I posted a picture of one I made yesterday on Instagram (you can follow me here, @jenstacey) and many of you requested the recipe I used. So I thought I would share it with you here.

The reason I loved this one was because it came with a brown sugar topping that will knock your socks off. It's a very simple recipe. I like simple. You can alter it too, maybe add some nuts? If you do change it up, and like the results, please share. I am always looking for new recipes!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon

3 small bananas- mashed
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 c. brown sugar - packed
2 tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
 1 tbsp. canola oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375, line muffin pan with cups.
Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
In another bowl beat bananas, white sugar, egg, and canola oil - stir into flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into cups.
Mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and canola oil.
Sprinkle mixture over each muffin.

 Bake 18-20 minutes.
 Number of Servings: 12

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment