Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial: Acorn Frame

I've got a quick tutorial for you today... because I have boxes all over my house up to my ears, more painting to do than I want think about and stuff scattered between two houses. We are moving this week and it has been NUTS!

Last week the hubby, some family and I went up to our North Carolina cabin and spent the week hiking, roasting marsh mellows, eating homemade pies and collecting these little guys...





More pictures of our vacay to come...

I came across this acorn frame idea in the Better Homes & Garden Magazine and put them right to use! It came together so nicely I decided to make it my tutorial this week.

Here's what you'll need:

1. A collection of acorns, just the tops  (I used real ones but you can always use fake too. they can be found at your local craft store)

2. Old picture frame ( I used a mirror, either works fine)

3. Hot glue gun & sticks

First, you will need to make strips of glue with your glue gun and attach your acorn tops one by one. Tip: do not squirt out more glue than you can use within a few seconds or else it will harden.

Continue this process all the way around your frame and voila!



(Just a thought...you may want to spray paint your frame brown before gluing your acorn tops so you don't see the color through the spaces)

No need to line the acorns up perfect, the more uneven they are, I think the better they look. This is a great craft to do with kids! Have fun! Alright, I have got to get back to the move...unfortunately. I will fill you in on the new nest as soon as things find their places.

~Jen


1 comment:

  1. I think this frame is a cute idea. When I saw your Acorn pic I laughed and knew I had to comment as my 3 year old daughter collects them calls them "Coconuts" :)

    ReplyDelete