Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Pretty Flowers on a Saturday Afternoon

I am so very excited about this post because it not only contains details...details and more DETAILS, but also my beautiful sister is getting married to the man of her dreams. From the day she shared the news she was engaged I had been researching for, dreaming about, and slowing tucking away little ideas for her bridal shower and today I get to share them with you.

It was a lovely May afternoon with about 20 of her closest friends and family celebrating her special day. There were smiles and happy wishes all around. She was showered with lovely gifts and shared lots of laughs with those she loves.

Now on to the details...oh details, how I love you.

Those of you who know me, know that I am basically driven but the little details involved in just about all things. They bring uniqueness. They are fun. They bring conversation. With a little creativity it can be easy to bring to just about anything!

The tables were sprinkled with flower petals. A light pastel flower arrangement centered each table and each place setting was occupied by a favor (wedding gown silhouette filled with pastel candies).



Lunch, beverages and dessert - The bridal party came together so well and provided all the scrumptious dishes. Guests enjoyed a buffet style lunch that consisted of mini sandwiches, spinach dip, pasta salad, and taco dip. Beverages were displayed in pitchers and a beautiful punch dispenser borrowed from my dear friend Erin. Dessert was delish. Green fluff, danishes (you can read my tutorial on the layered danish display here), cookies of all kinds, and of course the cake. I have to give entirely all the credit to my lovely cousin Christine. Without her the cake would not have been such a success...Thanks girlie!







The shower was a success, lots of fun and many memories were made! Can't wait for the wedding!!

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment